If you read our previous posts about the many advantages that come with getting a seller’s home inspection, you’ll recall that we discussed how popular this is becoming in the real estate industry…Read More
About Our Home Inspection Company
1st Choice Home Inspections was founded in 2002 by Tommy Kirby of Knoxville, Tennessee. Tommy is licensed by the State of Tennessee and certified by several home inspection accrediting associations, including NACHI and IAC2.
Since beginning his work in 2002, Tommy has performed nearly 6,000 residential home inspections throughout Tennessee.
After Hurricane Katrina, Tommy was part of a select group of licensed home inspectors hired by the Federal Emergency Management Agency to inspect hurricane-damaged homes in Louisiana. Tommy performed more than 1,000 home inspections in the New Orleans area.
In addition, since 2004, Tommy completed 12,000 Routine Inspections and 500 S.P.I. Inspections for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in Tennessee.
When Tommy is not busy inspecting houses, he enjoys spending time with his wife and five children in Knoxville surrounded by the Great Smoky Mountains.
Licensing and Professional Associations
- State of Tennessee Home Inspector License #217
- International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI), member in good standing
- International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants (IAC2), member in good standing
Training and Certifications
InterNACHI Courses Completed and Passed:
- Online Inspector Examination
- Code of Ethics Obstacle Course
- Standards of Practice Quiz
- Safe Practices for the Home Inspector Course
- 25 Standards Every Inspector Should Know Course
- Residential Plumbing Inspection Course
- Residential Electrical Inspection Course
- Roof Inspection Course
- HVAC Inspection Course
- Exterior Inspection Course
- Attic, Insulation, Ventilation and Interior Inspection Course
- Deck Inspection Course
- Moisture Intrusion Inspection Course
- Mold Inspection Course
- Inspecting Foundation Walls and Piers Course
- Annually completes 24 hours of Continuing Education Courses
All of our home inspectors abide by the State of Tennessee’s Standards of Practice and InterNACHI’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, a recognized industry standard for home inspectors worldwide. Where there is a difference in standards, we always abide by the State of Tennessee’s Standards of Practice.
Be sure to review all of the home inspection services that we provide.